Technical Safety Engineer
Employer: Versatec Energy B.V.
Location: Woerden, The Netherlands/ Europe
Versatec Energy B.V. is a global technical consultancy company serving Oil & Gas, Process industries, Petrochemicals, Renewable Energies, Industrial Projects and Marine Industries. For more than 25 years Versatec provides expertise in all phases of a facility life cycle. We deliver project support and services in three key areas: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)/Process Technical Safety, Operational Excellence and Smart tools. Our flexible, innovative solutions aim to reduce project and operational risks, as well as reduce operational costs.
We are based in Woerden, The Netherlands.
Assist and support our clients as a consultant in the area of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE):
- Safety Reviews (Bowtie/HAZID/HAZOP/SIL)
- Health & Safety Documents (RIGG, Safety Cases)
- Quantitative Risk Analyses
- Fire and Explosion Risk Assessments (e.g. FERA, BORA)
- Safety Audits, Reviews, Project risk management
- Operating Manuals / Operating Procedures
- Operational support to improve operator efficiency
As Technical Safety Engineer, you must have a working knowledge of HSE engineering standards and efficiently perform HSE activities:
- Serve as focal point for HSE-related questions from our clients
- Prepare HSE philosophies / management systems / studies
- Develop HSE documentation
- Manage Safety Reviews including the facilitation and closure of action items
- Perform computer calculations, interpret and optimise results
- Reporting, writing documents
- Support Clients with knowledge and/or advice regarding HSEQ matters
You will work in a team either in the Woerden head office or at the client site. Many of our clients are international companies.
- Enthusiastic and eager to expand your knowledge and network
- You have completed Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemical Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation & Control or Health and Safety Studies
- Preferably have obtained HVK or equivalent
- Several (2 to 3) years of Process Industry experience, preferably within the HSE field and/or Industry environment
- Good reading and writing skills in Technical English
- Sound judgment skills concerning process safety and operational risks
- Good communicator with a flexible work attitude
- Team player in a dynamic team and work environment
- You are ambitious, energetic, self-motivated and pro-active
We offer a challenging job in an informal but professional work environment and a competitive salary. There are many opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
If you are interested in working at Versatec, please submit your CV to Annelies Heijnis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note again that applicants must have a good working knowledge of the Dutch and English language.